This will come into force at 00:01 on Thursday 5 November and last until at least 2 December.
The new restrictions will include:
• Hospitality and non-essential retail are to close although, as before, takeaways and deliveries will be permitted. A “stay at home” instruction, with exceptions for education or work, exercise, medical appointments, essential shopping or to provide care to others.
• Childcare, schools, colleges and universities will remain open.
The Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) – furlough – will be extended for the duration of this lockdown (2 December).
Employer contribution will be limited to National Insurance Contributions, Pension payments, apprenticeship levy and other but with no contribution to wage costs (as per August).
Part furlough will be available for those businesses that are still able to trade. Furlough will also be reset to allow employees on the books who had an RTI submission made by 31st October to be included.
Businesses required to close in England due to local or national restrictions will be eligible for the following grants:
• For properties with a rateable value of £15k or under, grants to be £1,334 per month, or £667 per two weeks;
• For properties with a rateable value of between £15k-£51k grants to be £2000 per month, or £1000 per two weeks;
• For properties with a rateable value of £51k or over grants to be £3000 per month, or £1500 per two weeks.
For the latest updates, please view the Government website 👇